KUALA LUMPUR – While adults were preparing for another lockdown, their children were tuning in from their homes to be game-changers and leaders of tomorrow. Successful youngsters from the Nationwide Youth Movement, Ascendance, shared their experiences with 6,000 Malaysian students who attended the ‘New Age Learner Virtual Conference: Exam Edition 2021’ this morning.
‘New Age Learner Virtual Conference: Exam Edition 2021’ is to date the largest youth-run conference in Malaysia organized by students aged 9 to 20 years old. All speakers from Ascendance have achieved academic excellence while also becoming leaders and entrepreneurs in their own communities and careers.
Sanadtkumar Ganesan, 20, is Ascendance’s Chief Operations Officer, scriptwriter, and short film Director while pursuing a program in Lights Film School, USA. Harsha Ravindran, 18, is Ascendance’s Chief Marketing Officer, Founder of Startmyname.com, author of ‘The Makings of A Teenage Entrepreneur’ and an undergraduate at the University of Pennsylvania, USA. Vinishyaa Sugumar, 19, is Ascendance’s Head of Creative Design, Founder of Kickstart Art Vinishyaa, and is currently studying at Saito University College. Abinayasree Meyappan, 16, is Ascendance’s Head of Publicity, Founder of HAHA Merchandise, and a student in SMK Bandar Baru Sri Petaling. Mahalaxcme Ganesan, 18, is Ascendance’s Head of Communication and a student in SMK Bandar Utama Damansara 3, Selangor. Jared Tan, 19, is Ascendance’s Head of Content Development, an actor, voice actor, and video editor at ET Boost Studio. Amelyn Boey, 16, is Ascendance’s Assistant Head of Communication and a student in SMK Tropicana, Selangor, and lastly, Sara Sophea, 17, is one of Ascendance’s Apprentice from SMK Dato’ Ahmad Maher, Kelantan.
- The conference which was organized by the 2019 Diana Award recipients, Ascendance, and supported by the Malaysian Ministry of Education shared about instilling positive values, setting goals, and cultivating qualities that build leaders of today.
- The Malaysian Ministry of Education officiated the opening ceremony of the conference with an overwhelming response from students, teachers, parents as well as Ascendance’s corporate partners who were ecstatic to have such a platform for the youth of today.
- “I sincerely hope that through this program, children can gain as much knowledge, skills and develop their character to face the challenges of the 21st century and beyond,” said Puan Maznah Binti Abu Bakar, Head of Educational Resources and Technology Division, when officiating the Opening Ceremony of the conference representing the Malaysian Ministry of Education.
- It is heartwarming to see the private sector and individuals coming together with the Malaysian Ministry of Education in this nation-building initiative for our common future.
- Ascendance’s main corporate partner, ET Ideas, is a Social Business Incubator developing entrepreneurs to step out of the system and solve world problems, collectively and selflessly at its root cause.
- Their supporting corporate partners include MIR Maju, Lifestyle Ventures, ET Boost, Startmyname.com, Globetrotter Consultancy, Simply Empowering, Newwave Synchronizer, ACCA At Home, D’Chic Events, Hello Gorgeous Beauty Parlour, SwimIn12, NK Associates, Genesis on Digital, Chess Master Journey, Coffex Coffee, Sushan Innocreation, Experian, EHT Lifestyle, Precious 30 Days, GMA Consulting Group, B-Crobes, Challenger Chess Academy, Tanamsara Heights, Mutiara Acoustic Equipment, Freshink Mehendi, Plabable, Creative Crux and Persatuan Minda Dinamik dan Kreatif (PMDK).
The New Age Learner Virtual Conference will be back again this September 2021 with an ambitious plan to host an International Conference with 50,000 students worldwide in line with Ascendance’s goal towards impacting #onemillionteens. As student registrations for the September Conference open next week, Ascendance also welcomes individuals and companies to support them in their initiative by reaching out to them at [email protected]